Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Chicago Bulls and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. They have unwrapped a big 109-85 lead against the Houston Rockets.
The Bulls have enjoyed the tag-team combination of small forward DeMar DeRozan and point guard Lonzo Ball. The former has 26 points and six assists, while the latter has 19 points and five assists in addition to five steals and four rebounds. One thing to keep an eye out for is Javonte Green’s foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Houston has been led by power forward Christian Wood, who so far has dropped a double-double on 23 points and 11 boards.
The Rockets have lost 89% of their games in which they were down going into the fourth quarter. Barring a miraculous turnaround, this contest will end the same way.
Houston @ Chicago
Current Records: Houston 10-20; Chicago 18-10
What to Know
The Chicago Bulls are getting right back to it as they host the Houston Rockets at 8 p.m. ET Dec. 20 at United Center. Both teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
The Bulls didn’t have too much breathing room in their contest with the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday, but they still walked away with a 115-110 win. It was another big night for Chicago’s small forward DeMar DeRozan, who had 38 points and six assists.
Meanwhile, Houston beat the Detroit Pistons 116-107 this past Saturday. The top scorer for Houston was power forward Christian Wood (21 points).
Chicago is the favorite in this one, with an expected 6.5-point margin of victory. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (12-6), so they might be worth a quick bet.
Chicago was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap in the teams’ previous meeting last month as they fell 118-113 to the Rockets. Maybe the Bulls will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the matchup and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: United Center — Chicago, Illinois
- TV: ATTSN Southwest
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $41.40
The Bulls are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Rockets, according to the latest NBA odds.
Bettors have moved against the Bulls slightly, as the game opened with the Bulls as an 8.5-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Houston have won eight out of their last 12 games against Chicago.
- Nov 24, 2021 – Houston 118 vs. Chicago 113
- Feb 22, 2021 – Chicago 120 vs. Houston 100
- Jan 18, 2021 – Chicago 125 vs. Houston 120
- Nov 09, 2019 – Houston 117 vs. Chicago 94
- Dec 01, 2018 – Houston 121 vs. Chicago 105
- Nov 03, 2018 – Houston 96 vs. Chicago 88
- Mar 27, 2018 – Houston 118 vs. Chicago 86
- Jan 08, 2018 – Houston 116 vs. Chicago 107
- Mar 10, 2017 – Houston 115 vs. Chicago 94
- Feb 03, 2017 – Houston 121 vs. Chicago 117
- Mar 31, 2016 – Chicago 103 vs. Houston 100
- Mar 05, 2016 – Chicago 108 vs. Houston 100
Injury Report for Chicago
- Matt Thomas: Out (Covid-19)
- Troy Brown Jr.: Out (Covid-19)
- Zach LaVine: Out (Covid-19)
- Derrick Jones Jr.: Out (Hamstring)
- Alize Johnson: Out (Covid-19)
- Ayo Dosunmu: Out (Covid-19)
- Patrick Williams: Out (Wrist)
Injury Report for Houston
- Jalen Green: Out (Hamstring)
- Kevin Porter: Out (Thigh)
- John Wall: Out (Not Injury Related)