Through 1 Quarter
We’ve got an early Upset Alert brewing as the Memphis Grizzlies have gotten out to a surprisingly quick start despite kicking off as a 6.5-point underdog. After one quarter neither squad has the game in the bag, but the Grizz leads 29-24 over the Brooklyn Nets.
Memphis has been led by point guard Ja Morant, who so far has nine points and two assists in addition to two boards. Power forward Kevin Durant has done his best for Brooklyn, currently boasting 12 points (50% of their total) and two dimes along with two steals and one block.
Memphis @ Brooklyn
Current Records: Memphis 23-14; Brooklyn 23-11
What to Know
The Brooklyn Nets have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Memphis Grizzlies and are hoping to record their first victory since Jan. 4 of 2019. Brooklyn will stay at home another game and welcome Memphis at 7:30 p.m. ET Jan. 3 at Barclays Center. The Grizz will be strutting in after a win while the Nets will be stumbling in from a defeat.
It was close but no cigar for Brooklyn as they fell 120-116 to the Los Angeles Clippers this past Saturday. This was hardly the result Brooklyn or its fans were betting on, as they were favored by 13.5 points over Los Angeles heading into this game. The losing side was boosted by point guard James Harden, who dropped a triple-double on 34 points, 13 dimes, and 12 boards. The matchup made it The Beard’s fourth in a row with at least 33 points.
Meanwhile, the Grizz wrapped up 2021 with a 118-105 victory over the San Antonio Spurs. The Grizz’s point guard Ja Morant did his thing and had 30 points and eight assists along with six rebounds. Morant’s night made it three games in a row in which he has scored at least 30 points.
When the two teams previously met in January of last year, the Nets were in the race but had to settle for second with a 115-110 finish. Maybe they will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the contest and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Barclays Center — Brooklyn, New York
- TV: NBATV
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $30.00
The Nets are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Grizzlies, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Nets as a 7-point favorite.
Memphis have won eight out of their last 12 games against Brooklyn.
- Jan 08, 2021 – Memphis 115 vs. Brooklyn 110
- Dec 28, 2020 – Memphis 116 vs. Brooklyn 111
- Mar 04, 2020 – Memphis 118 vs. Brooklyn 79
- Oct 27, 2019 – Memphis 134 vs. Brooklyn 133
- Jan 04, 2019 – Brooklyn 109 vs. Memphis 100
- Nov 30, 2018 – Memphis 131 vs. Brooklyn 125
- Mar 19, 2018 – Brooklyn 118 vs. Memphis 115
- Nov 26, 2017 – Brooklyn 98 vs. Memphis 88
- Mar 06, 2017 – Brooklyn 122 vs. Memphis 109
- Feb 13, 2017 – Memphis 112 vs. Brooklyn 103
- Feb 10, 2016 – Memphis 109 vs. Brooklyn 90
- Oct 31, 2015 – Memphis 101 vs. Brooklyn 91
Injury Report for Brooklyn
- LaMarcus Aldridge: Out (Foot)
- Kyrie Irving: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Joe Harris: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Memphis
- John Konchar: Out (Covid-19)
- Ziaire Williams: Out (Ankle)
- Dillon Brooks: Out (Covid-19)
- De’Anthony Melton: Out (Covid-19)
- Xavier Tillman: Out (Covid-19)
- Kyle Anderson: Out (Covid-19)