Deal of the Day
With the deadline right around the corner, these deals can help you jumpstart your filing process.
And just like that, it’s April — tax deadline time. With the 18th around the corner, late filers can still get the help they need to file correctly and on time. Whether your taxes are on the simpler side or more complicated, there are plenty of options out there. That’s why we are highlighting the deals below from Offers.com (and encouraging you to check out this helpful guide on some of the leading options available.)
- TurboTax is perhaps the most well-known online tax platform (and what I use, for what it’s worth). The online tax preparer is currently offering $20 off all plans throughout the tax season. It is a bit pricier than some of the other options out there, but is particularly easy to use for folks who are self-employed or have more complicated tax situations. There is a free option for simple returns.
- H&R Block’s on-demand tax software has many different options depending on your needs and financial picture. There are some free options for students, “simple” tax returns, and people who have unemployment income. For those with more complex situations, the tax preparer is offering 25% percent off throughout this tax season.
- TaxAct also offers some free services for students and simple returns. Those with more complex returns can now get 20% off their full price options.
- TaxSlayer offers some of the biggest savings: The platform has packages starting at $17 and is currently offering 35% off all its platforms. TaxSlayer may be one of the most inexpensive options out there, but it does also feature live help.
- Jackson Hewitt Online’s software costs a flat fee of $25 but is offering folks who sign up this season a “price lock guarantee,” meaning you’ll pay the same price next year if you work with them again. Additionally, Jackson Hewitt is currently offering 10% off on tax prep.
About this column: Since you’re here, let me introduce myself: I’m Maddy Perkins, deputy commerce editor for MarketWatch Picks! I’m a big online shopper who loves a good deal — particularly when it comes to cool kitchen gadgets, electronics, fashion and beauty products. I’ll be here a few times a week to share the best deals I can find online with you. Have anything you’d like me to hunt down? Write me at [email protected]. Cheers!
Maddy Perkins is deputy commerce editor for MarketWatch Picks.